June 12, 2017
Over the weekend I attended the Got Marketing Workshop put out by Tierney James, http://www.tierneyjames.com/ It was fun to get out and go to a workshop and I learned so much from this one. I have a lot of take away information that I know I am able to use to increase my marketing prowess.
What I learned At the Workshop
I have been going over my notes and here are a number of things that I have taken away from the workshop.
- First one of course was to write this blog about it and to let Tierney know that I have mentioned her in my blog post. Thank you so much Tierney for all of your insights into book marketing!
- Contact other authors that I met at the workshop. I made certain that at the workshop I took plenty of cards to share with the other authors that I knew I would meet there. I handed out twelve and got seven in return. I have already connected with Tierney, now just six more to go!
- Start a Marketing Notebook-All of my work has been in online documents scattered throughout my files. Today I went to the store and picked up the few things that I needed so that I could get started on this project.
- Every 90 days offer each of my books in this way on Amazon: 2 day free promotion, one day 99 cent promotion, two day $1.99 promotion and during the two free days, hit the free book websites. I can find these free book promotion sites by googling “free book promotions.
- Get a Street Team- Find people who are willing to help me promote my books on social media and do it in a structured way.
- Make memes that promote my books (without sounding salesy) and post them on social media. Have various themes so they don’t become “invisible”.
- Probably, the most exciting way that she showed me how to market is by using Pinterest. I plan to create these boards:
- A board for all the books by Cygnet Brown
- A board for the actors who I think should play my book characters when my book becomes a movie
- A board telling the story (without spoilers) for each book in the Locket Saga
- Boards about Specific historical events in the Locket Saga.
- Simply Vegetable Gardening Tips Board
- Help from Kelp Tips Board
- Diatomaceous Earth Tips Board
Followup, More Important than Learning
Although it is true that I learned a lot from this workshop, what’s more important than the learning is the fact that I need to implement what I have learned and have chosen to do with what I learned.
Well, now that I have written this blog post, I can cross that first one off the list! Of course, there are a lot more tips that she offered, but the items on this list, along with what I am already doing, should keep me busy at least for the next ninety days.
So what do you think? Which of these tips sounds most interesting you?